TOWN HALL UPDATES EPISODE 199
Every Sunday 6pm PT
REMEMBER THE 3 PILLARS :
Ease of use
REMEMBER THE MERCH STORE :
Favourite Halloween Candy?
- Geige : Simple when it comes to Halloween Candy – mini (or any size) KitKat Bars!
- Dan: Not huge candy guy, don’t remember people giving these out when younger, but I do remember & liked ‘Crunchies’ – Defo my fav!
Feedback on video splitting?
- Any initial feedback
- Been available 2 weeks now
- Love to know anything else you’d like to see added?
- Anything you like or don’t like about it?
- Find it in Videos > Trim > Split
BETA : Show Guest Feature
- EARLY ACCESS : If you want to be involved apply here : sy.app/collab
- Only in beta
- Designed to help you find guests and be a guest on other shows
MEET THE TEAM : Christian
- WHAT DO YOU DO AT STREAMYARD?
Artist & work in customer support rep, I am normally on early morning hours to support you!
- WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
NYC – moved July 2019!
- HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN AT STREAMYARD?
6 months next week on Tuesday!
- FAV SY FEATURE :
Probably ease of use, so all features that make it simpler! How it makes streaming more accessible to more people. How it syncs easily and so many branding options
- WHAT DID YOU WANT TO DO WHEN YOUNGER?
Doctor or something – Typical kid, but turned into artist, specifically acting! Rebelled against it but went back to it at 16!
- HOW DID YOU GET INTO CUSTOMER SUPPORT?
My girlfriend works for Streamyard! I was doing COVID safety in basement 9 hour a day! She was asking me questions about support, so encouraged me to apply! Applied Jan and started up in May!!
- FAV KARAOKE SONG :
Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel
- FAV BOARD GAME :
Mysterium – on person plays as a ghost, and everyone else plays as mediums, and they have to figure out (a bit like ‘clue’ / cleudo), They have to work out who killed the person to create the ghost, where and what was murder weapon. Ghost can only speak through vision cards. Really abstract – so you have to guess! Played over 7 rounds.
- FAV HALLOWEEN CANDY :
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups – ALL THE WAY! Specifically Pumpkin shaped ones! They tasted better! FAV candy of all time!
- WHAT CAM & MIC DO YOU USE?
Fuji Film XT3 – Had no webcam, so picked up capture card and got setup for meetings, Mic is Samsung Q9U – equivalent of SHURE SM7B, can use by USB Mic too!
- FAV & LEAST FAV THING ABOUT WORKING AT STREAMYARD
BEST = Remote, wake up and log on. Love team & the energy & keeps me on the edge of technology! Love hearing about how people use the technology.
WORST = A problem I can’t figure out! Frustrating, never want to leave a customer without solution!
What do you have planned for Halloween?
- First Halloween in Texas, so not sure what it’s like here?
- Probably give candy to the local trick or treaters
Any idea why when I go to SY Studio it blocks my Cam & Mic?
- It’s likely to be permissions things in browser!
- Support should be able to help you
- If it’s still an issue, we will get escalated : email@example.com
Is Facebook monitored on weekends? After help with Streamdeck on Streamyard
- Yes the mods are in group at the weekends
- Curious why you asked – does it feel less moderated on weekends?
- No direct integration with Streamdeck
- You can tie ‘hotkeys’ to the Streamdeck
- If you search Streamdeck on support pages – should find some community made apps, may make new one officially sometime!
Is it possible to have giveaway in the studio not as screen share ?
- Was a test to see how well used it was
- Plan is to make better and add more features
- But not as yet
Can 2 people from online network stream via Streamyard to the same destination at the same time?
- Generally depends on the platforms
- Should be OK across YouTube, Facebook & Linkedin
- May have issues on Twitch
Company values at Streamyard & any advice for us if we wanted to work with you?
- 2 sets of values as part of bigger company (Hopin) each has their own
- Development team live by the THREE PILLARS (Ease Of Use, Stability & Professional Streams!)
- Hiring : We look at enthusiasm and work ethic & well as skills!
Youtube Community Tab – Thought son using for livestreams?
- We don’t use at SY much but like to use it more!
- Only way to integrate with Livestreams is to use as input and way to get ideas & topics
Is there a guide for sizes of lower thirds for streams?
- There is a google spreadsheet with the coordinates for the layouts
- Search the Facebook Community Group
- Or ask Stremayard.com/contact
Any plans to do another giveaway tool? Where people can put in email address for virtual draw?
- Unique on SY Giveaway -it’s realtime comments & optimised for screens hare
- Could do from list on various giveaway sites
How can I monitor audio levels of my guests? I can adjust dB levels but can’t hear how it sounds next to my audio? Visual gauge would be great!
- Feedback we have had before
- Default audio settings auto adjust the volumes to be the same
- Controls are there to change but no way there currently to test without doing test stream / record only
- Can do record only to test settings and levels
Any chance of web overlays?
- Definitely interested in exploring
- In general want to add more customisation but need to remember ease of use core pillar
- 2nd Thursday @ 8PM ET
Streamyard Spotlight Dana & Kelsey Bentz – Reach out to be featured
- SAT 1200 PST – Streamyard Live Stream Reviews with Dee Nimmin & Daniel Batal 2nd Saturday
- Last Tuesday of month with Nick Nimmin
Enhance your Live Streaming
- MORE CONTENT ON YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEBUyQzglLRDxcpJNT8R-oQ
CONGRATS TO MERCH WINNER :
STREAMYARD MERCH – Pillow & Plush Duck
WINNERS : Mad Mumzie
CATCH THE REPLAY
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’
📅 20 Mins FREE strategy call
📈 FREE SOCIAL MEDIA HELP COMMUNITY
🎙 Available for PODCASTS 🎧