TOWN HALL UPDATES EPISODE 124
Every Sunday 6pm PT
REMEMBER THE 3 PILLARS :
Ease of use
REMEMBER THE MERCH STORE :
Just a little fun fact section about jobs before joining Streamyard…
- DAN – Mechanical engineer testing security cameras
- Building tools to test them from all issues they may face
- Put under water to test weather safety
- Smashing it with weights etc
- GEIGE – Design & work on wildlife detection systems in Northern BC Canada to detect Moose walking across the highway.
- Triggered signs to warn drivers ahead of time
Internationalisation – Currently testing Spanish & Portuguese & more languages coming soon
- You can join us in beta testing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Internationalization’ in subject line
- Join the 50 or so people we have testing already
- Full app – so will help your guests too, includes Emails, instructions for guests etc
- Looking to make all of platform as accessible to everyone
- Shouts to Jorge & Chris who have been working hard on this!
Thoughts on Stories & Shorts?
- Curious how any of you are using them?
- How are you finding them?
- Do you use them much and separate to or in conjunction with your shows?
- How is it going for you to promote the LIVE shows ?
- Do you collect info / questions before the broadcast ?
- How many are incorporating this in broadcasts?
- What tools and systems are you using for this?
- Do you do this entirely live or pre-broadcast as well?
12 now in the engineering team working on Streamyard product!!
LIVE QUESTION & ANSWER
In stream yesterday my mic audio was included but not my system audio – how can I include this?
- In studio settings you select your Cam & Mic options
- You will probably need to use virtual audio cable / mixer to achieve this
- Check the support for help doc on this… Streamyard.com/contact
Any chance you will add social graphics to banners (tickers) twitter, insta etc?
- Not sure we would add in banners / tickers
- Possibly look at adding more options on name tags
- Curious to know why in banners not overlays
Is it possible to share clip-art pictures on the FREE Platform?
- Couldn’t use overlays
- You could use screen share to cycle through images // word or wherever you are hosting clip art pictures
Would be nice to allow multiple cameras for showing face cam as well as an overhead shot. Know there is workaround with a second browser.
- Know it’s possible with multiple browsers
- Better tool is the Atem mini allows multiple cameras from one camera – but pricey
- We will look to improve this over time, like to keep as simple as possible
Any plans for audio meters in this studio
- Giving better feedback in studio is priority
- You can adjust audio for guests in the studio now, but appreciate the importance of knowing what sound going out is like
Is there any way to find background or overlay dimensions so we can customize easier?
- In help docs : Streamyard.com/contact – type in overlay dimensions
- Basic in tools tips section of studio
Any way to reorder overlays and video and to bulk upload / delete?
- These are both on the road map
Please make it better to hover over a comment. outline vs unreadable
- We might change transparency at some point
- It’s battle between making super usable and discoverable for new users and for more advanced users
Request to be able to talk to guests in green room to check audio before going live with them…
- It’s something being thought and worked through
I’m almost always using my laptop through phone hotspot while streaming, want to upgrade my camera, but would that put bigger strain on my hotspot connection?
- Depends on resolution you select
- You could capture at 1080 / 720 / 360
- We dynamically scale it down
- Worth noting that screen sharing and video playback will use considerably more bandwidth
- More guests will sue more bandwidth
Any news on new ways to add co-host without sharing login?
- TEAMS PLAN is coming this summer
- This will allow for co-hosts & producers without shared logins
Any plans adding analytics?
- Plan to add this soon post broadcast
- Anything beyond viewers over time on each platform etc you want to see?
- eg : Words mentioned more than usual in the comments?
- We are working on this at the moment
Would like to be able to move settings bar at bottom Possibly drag it left or right?
- We have considered making these section ‘pop out’ so you can move them to separate monitor if you are working on more screens?
New features coming soon?
- Hotkeys – ability to bind actions to certain keys to make changes easier
- Excited to share more with you what is coming over next few weeks
- Engineering team is now 12 strong
Is there way to move logo from top right?
- We like to keep it simple for new users
- You could use overlays to work around this
How many people are using Streamyard right now? How do you have enough bandwidth?
- Fully cloud based
- We process in the cloud with big bandwidth from our service providers
- 1000s servers ingesting your streams and mixing them for you so you don;t need to
- GCP, AWS & Azure have huge fibre pipes all over for the bandwidth
- Total active 100,000’s monthly
- At any given time 1000’s at any given time
When did you launch Streamyard?
- July 13 2018
When will volume adjustments be in final not beta?
- Having any issues – should be close to leaving beta.
- Should be stable now
Would you ever consider recording all cameras as well as the feeding pushed out too? Could be great for different re-edits post event?
- We definitely are considering
- Can see how useful this would be for repurposing
- Could create great resource for those doing high quality broadcasts
LAST SHOW REMINDERS
[Click Image To Read More]
SHOW REMINDERS :
MON 1400 PM ET Live Stream Impact with Julie Riley
- WED 8PM ET ET – Streamyard Spotlight Dana & Kelsey Bentz
FRIDAY [ Alternate Weeks ]
1130-1200 ET – Coffee With Ducks (Meet The Team)
1200-1300 ET – Learn With Streamyard
SAT 1200 ET – Streamyard Live Stream Reviews with Christian Karasiewicz
MORE CONTENT ON YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEBUyQzglLRDxcpJNT8R-oQ
OFFICE HOURS : Tuesday June 1st at 1100 ET
[ Every 1st & 2nd Tuesday of the month ]
CONGRATS TO MERCH WINNER
PLUSH STREAMYARD DUCK & STREAMYARD PILLOW
WINNER : Anthony H Brown
CATCH THE REPLAY
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’