TOWN HALL UPDATES EPISODE 121
Every Sunday 6pm PT
REMEMBER THE 3 PILLARS :
Ease of use
REMEMBER THE MERCH STORE :
- Now part of the Hopin suite of products
- Streamable is a video hosting solution – to store and play them back
- Curious how many of you are using it?
Giveaway Tool Feedback
- Can see your upcoming or LIVE broadcasts
- Now generally available at Streamyard.com/giveaway
- Select broadcast
- Set text to enter competition
- Click start collecting comments
- Tool will listen for these words across all social channels we receive comments for
- Give this time to collect comments
- Click draw to randomly select a winner
- Each person can only be entered once
[ Duplicates removed ]
- Any platforms that require authentication – users ill have to allow permissions to be able to enter
- Colours match your brand colours setup in your studio account
- Remember to screen share giveaway tool page so users can see the draw happening
- Click ‘DRAW’
- Ability to run draw again in top right once it has selected a winner
- Would love your feedback on the tool
- How are you using it?
- What would you like to see available by way of cohosting features?
- What do you want cohosts to be able to do?
- Ability to start broadcast?
- Ability to end broadcast?
- How much ability do you want them to do?
- What do you definitely want / not want them to be bale to do?
Facebook Groups Issues Resolved
- Facebook groups were cutting off for particular issues
- Facebook has fixed this now
- Limited fix from our side as this was inside Facebook
VEDA – Video Every Day in April
- Did you take part?
- What other challenges would you like to see?
- Be sure to join the Facebook community to be a part of these
What changes would you like to see on the platforms?
- What features would you like to see on the platforms – Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc
- We work closely with them so can feedback to them
- Polling / Caption Options etc…?
LIVE QUESTION & ANSWER
Any chance of uploading pictures to share in guest spot?
- Definitely a popular request
- We are working on something similar
When will we be able to livestream to Instagram?
- No public API still as yet
- We want to remain compliant with their policies
- As soon as we can we will look at this
Can you add loops to uploaded featured videos for stinger etc?
- Curious to know usage case for this to be able to make decision and best build this if and when we do
- Is this for taking break to loop over and over?
- Not as easy but could upload a GIF to loop if just a logo – for example?
Can we see time remaining on video uploads
- We are looking at this to make it a better experience
- Certainly important to know when you are back live again
Can you are a few different transition requests?
- Thanks for the suggestion
- Open to this
- Curious to know more on what you are after exactly…
- Between layouts?
- With video overlays themselves?
Is it possible to have these episodes with Spanish subtitles?
- Not sure on LIVE, but believe that we have them on replay on YouTube
- We will check on this
Feature request for giveaway tool…
Winner to be presented form to gather their details and sent to that streamers email?
- Cool idea
- Viewers on social platform so not got emails currently
- Love to look at changing to help this
Been using giveaway tool – not every user has seen their name in the draw – why might this be?
- It randomly selects and shows them
- Cycles through names
- Privacy settings on LinkedIn & Facebook group need to grant permissions
Is there a way to share screen via mobile?
- If you mean from desktop to share mobile screen then there are a range of tools you can use to share your mobile screen
- However screen sharing is NOT supported on mobile Streamyard version
Any info on timing of the Teams features release?
- Date not set
- Early Summer
Would love to see GO LIVE button in different place than top right & sign out after livestream?
- Curious why you want to sign out? Are you on someone else’s computer?
Any plans to be able to cross fade between two cameras?
- Definitely a common request
- Certainly open to
- No outline on what this would look like or dates on this
Have technical issues streaming to Facebook & YouTube this week been resolved and why does the “view this episode on Facebook” take us to a new place in Facebook?
- Yes this has been updated and fixed as was a Facebook issue
- 4/5 months ago Facebook scheduling used to be single post which was the LIVE, now there is promo post & the actual LIVE which is different post
- Not great experience, users need to refresh the page & Facebook are working on this
Would be good to have private cohost chat from guests to resolve issues etc
- Great idea that comes up a lot
- Like to work out elegant way to do this
Like to be able to remove guests from studio completely?
- You can do this in tiles at the bottom
- “Kick from studio”
- “Ban from studio” – if you have authentication turned on
- With authentication on users have to log in with social channel to prove who they are so you can control their access
Could we pin comments?
- Noted and something we are working on
Do you know how many people managed to successfully post a VEDA?
- Julie is managing this
- Got to check in how many took part in this Video Every Day In April
Can we drag and organise overlays & video clips ?
- Watch this space
- This is something coming very soon
Would love to see ticker line scroll left to right
- We know this is important to some languages
- Better language support in the app coming relatively soon
- Not in the first iteration
When adding a guest first guest loses solo view why is this?
- We had to consider our pillar around ease of use when making this choice
- If you added them and they didn’t appear anywhere it could be confusing
- Appreciate this could be issue for more advanced usage cases
- Have considered allowing this as option
Would be great to be able to redo my ‘Record Only’ videos without leaving the studio – is this possible?
- At this time not yet
- Can understand why you want this
- Would be good to be able to pause and restart
Does Streamyard have a Check List for new users that could be shared in the Facebook group?
- We do have a guest instructions page linked to in. the studio
- There is a tutorial video on YouTube
- Maybe we should look at this for the group
Any visual templates for overlays ?
- There is one I made a while back in Figma
- This is linked in one of our earlier videos
- Canva is a good resource for making these
LAST SHOW REMINDERS
[ Click Image To Read More ]
SHOW REMINDERS :
MON 1400 PM ET Live Stream Impact with Julie Riley
- WED 9PM ET ET – Streamyard Spotlight Dana & Kelsey Bentz
FRIDAY [ Alternate Weeks ]
1130-1200 ET – Coffee With Ducks (Meet The Team)
1200-1300 ET – Learn With Streamyard
SAT 1200 ET – Streamyard Live Stream Reviews with Christian Karasiewicz
MORE CONTENT ON YOUTUBE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEBUyQzglLRDxcpJNT8R-oQ
CONGRATS TO MERCH WINNER
PLUSH STREAMYARD DUCK & STREAMYARD PILLOW
WINNER : Ike Indemne
CATCH THE REPLAY
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’