WEDNESDAYS NOW 5pm PT – New User Orientation
This Week On Clubhouse @StephanieSimon
??NAME?? = Unsure of the correct name / spelling despite research
Drue Kataoka, Swan Sit & Kat Kole
Updates & Product Roadmap - @Paul
- Thanks for all those who talked about Juneteenth & had the more human conversations on Clubhouse
- Thank you to the Medical & Scientific professionals who have taken part in the COVID info rooms.
- Drue Kataoka has raised awareness and $500k + in funds for good causes! And thank you for being the app icon for the previous release.
New App icon announcement
- Monthly cadence to update the app icon
- Activist, Leader, Body Positivity – Dandara Pagu – Raised 100k Brazilian Real for good causes – find out more clubhouse.com/blog
- Hallway notifications
- App updated in client then will make better suggestions active for you – gradual roll out
- Ability to tap & hide rooms in hallway
- Added sidebar / buddy bar / swipe right to left
- Fixed bug for social linking – Instagram / Twitter
- Most under hood – Discovery focus
- Working on notifications – less and better
- Notification preferences – ‘fewer’
- Controls around notification types
- Create clubs – relaxed
- Going to every 2 weeks
- Week 7th – BIG RELEASE lot of user facing stuff!
- Payments in US, and internationally
- Improved UI Formatting & Styling
- Notification settings
- Improved Reporting flow
Discovering smaller accounts
Carousel in hallway shows lots of large account from other platforms. See lots posting on other platforms. Will we keep seeing people we can ONLY discover on Clubhouse?
- Try to show accounts you will like based on things you already follow and interact with – clubs, rooms, and connections
- If we don’t have enough signals – we backfill with generally well received suggestions
- More personalised suggestions
- Hallway > Go to explore & Search for keywords interesting to you & active club search too!
- iOS can use category / topics too
- Sparkle when you follow suggests other people like the one you followed
Feed – Would you consider different feeds for different types of clubs?
- App is going to evolve a lot
- Core functionality shouldn’t change
- UI WILL CHANGE
- Multiple feeds sounds good and very interesting
Would. you make it possible to PIN people or room to top of my feed
- Curious why you would want to?
- Find room I’m in now
- Want to find again as were in it
- Maybe to see what the room looks like when in the room
- Specific implementation is different based on problem we are solving
- Maybe we need a history area to review where you were
- No changes in next few weeks on this
- Next month or two
Like 1-2-1 private room & sidebar. Is there way to customise how I access this? Love to see bits I use most?
- Paul’s bias – Should get right Ui for everyone
- If lots of people want to access more – we should update or works better for power users only
- Don’t think we would customise modules any time soon
Every profile – nice to see swipe to see more, can only see next upcoming event
- On the roadmap
- Should be soon as already on clubs
- Compact wrap on profiles not on clubs so maybe update this?
please recap clubs update? How are shows different? How are members and followers different?
- Clubs are powerful. but confusing, but generally
- Members – Private conversations & can start rooms etc
- Followers – Just notified of public rooms
- Hard to process difference between Members / Followers
- We updated the size off community by combining these numbers, to save having to invite. all followers to be members
- Change we considered – simplify the whole thing to be only members
- Choose anyone can join for broadcast show
- Choose people have to apply to join – you approve – for communities and private organisations
- How do we help people convert member / follow list – all or some to convert ?
- Is there admin level not owner of the club who can run rooms?
- What does applying to join club look like?
- What about paying to join club?
- Need. to consider smooth transition & avoid legacy issues
- Feedback for us form on : support.clubhouse.com
If we want to run welcome rooms – how can we make sure new users can find them? Or do they have to stumble across them?
- Wrote and let us know so we can help you be successful
- INTERNATIONAL : firstname.lastname@example.org
- US USERS : Feedback form
Could you create moderator tool to stop in and out privileges? TO stop people jumping. out while they wait. to speak on stage
- We could change order – if you leave. you join end of the queues
- Got to consider connectivity issues / taking call
- Hand raise queue does this not stage
Track room admin activities
Add feature to track moderator actions after room ends and make available to room admins?
- Should this be public
- Mods should feel comfortable to take actions they feel right
- Don’t make people mods!!
- DOES NOT increase reach of room
- Does pin people to top of room
- Has become show of respect
- They can end room / remove you
Own rooms upcoming for me
Upcoming today in hallway – Next 3 events I have RSVPed. but can’t see my own rooms there? Could. you add this?
- Seems crazy
How about business features in location to connect and negotiate?
- What would we need to do to support that?
- Could do city name in title now & invite other users
- Geolocation seems to be missing part of this
- Please let us know more
Larger mod/speaker mic button
When mod in large room – straining. to mute. /unmute. could mic be larger
- Never considered
- Good for accessibility
Audio in stereo
Updates for roadmap on audio – stereo is needed for musicians like me.
- Justin built WebRTC – Deep into audio
- We are actively working on it
- More updates soon
- High quality audio will help in this case – improves your audio for others
Clubhouse coins or currency
Adding any coins or currency coming. forClubhouse natively?
- Build so we grow as creators are
- In room tipping
- Paid events
- Economy favours the creator
Membership only event
Using clubs & club only events and sorting sign up membership. Any tools to build membership subscriptions?
- Yes we are
- Looking forward to this
What are most effective ways brands used Clubhouse & who should we reach out to?
- Reach out email@example.com
- Time Magazine / Bloomberg – showing humans behind brands
- Brands tapping creators to host rooms / host their rooms?
- Bumble created Bumble Hive – Community members who are relationship experts on hand
- Pedigree did doghouse room to adopt pets
- Product / Book Launches / Movie Launches etc
Sign in methods
Any ways to lo. in using other methods with password coming?
- Imagine so in future
- Right now – enforces real identity
- Prevents as much spam and quicker setting up lots of accounts
Search by mobile number
Would. you allow search user by mobile number ?
- Privacy first
- Got to be thoughtful and done well
- Opt in not opt out
- Ask their username / share link
Can you add sleep timer for Clubhouse please?
- Sleep timer doesn’t work on Clubhouse
- ‘tucking them in’ – remove a sleeper from stage to audience
- Understand why you would want it
Final Thoughts & Show recommendations
Authors as part of their book tours
Chapter per night & discuss it
Clubhouse Are Still
❤️ Community Support Lead
❤️ Community Support Specialist
✍️ Head of Creator Communications
✍️ Head of Partnership Communications
📈 Product Data Scientist
🎨 Brand Designer
💻 Software Engineer, Machine Learning
📱Software Engineer, Backend
📱Software Engineer, Full-Stack
📱Software Engineer, iOS
💵 Head of Finance
👋 General application
🌏 Community & Creator Manager, International
⚙️ Community & Growth Operations Manager
🎙️ Community and Content Coordinator
🎙️Head of Creators
📲 Social & Editorial Manager
🤝 Creator Partnerships
🤝 Head of Brand Partnerships
👋 Head of People Operations
👋 Technical Recruiter
📝 Privacy and Security Policy Lead
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’
📅 20 Mins FREE strategy call
📈 FREE SOCIAL MEDIA HELP COMMUNITY
🎙 Available for PODCASTS 🎧