WEDNESDAYS 6pm PT – New User Orientation
This Week On Clubhouse @StephanieSimon
??NAME?? = Unsure of the correct name / spelling despite research
Drue Kataoka, Swan Sit & Kat Kole
Product Roadmap - @Paul
Huge thank you to all who served this memorial day
- 3 updates to get to feature parody
- 1st or 3 updates already out
- 2nd update next week
- 1m users week one
- 2m in the following week
- Thanks to all are inviting android users to the platform, with welcome rooms / Q&A sessions
Past week android release
- Ship early and often and base changes on feedback
- Create club in app – Must have been on app about week + talked a few times, then can create clubs
- Host event in your club – Calendar, add to club
- RSVP – Bell notifications and preview top of hallway & share with others you are attending
- Update topics / interests
- Support Android 7.0
- Future will be unified roll out
New iOS release out in the next day or so (Awaiting approval)
- Added discovery for people to follow / clubs to join / events to attend / topics you are interested in directly from hallway
- Added suggestion card in hallway
- Slow rollout to check it is delivered well, live this week, but might not see straight away
- Easier sharing from calendar
- Tap bell to RSVP
- Reliable notification for the event
- Appear in mini calendar on hallway
- Share option improved – Will now get pop up to add to calendar / share etc when RSVP
- RSVP to events directly from club page
- Changed swipe away to long press to hide from hallway (because hallway suggestions added)
- Fixed bugs – including scrolling calendar, would bounce to top again if too quick
- Tap bell to RSVP
OTHER THINGS :
- We are Working to get to general release – joining without invite.
- CLUBHOUSE IRL – Great to see lots of photos for IN PERSON Clubhouse meetup events happening
NEXT WEEK RELEASE ANDROID
- Link Insta / Twitter
- Hallway recommendations
- Prompts to follow user / club from rooms
NEXT iOS RELEASE
- Long term discovery for feed suggestions
- Lots being updated under the hood
- Notification preferences updated
- Algorithm updates & visuals for titles and photos etc to make more obvious
@ Mentions In Club Descriptions
@mentions link in bio. love to see this in the club bios too
- Love this – and makes a lot of sense to us
- Reason we didn’t yet – usernames are unique, Clubs does exists under the hood but prob don’t know the ‘username’
- To work well would need to build auto complete in the @ mention
- Edit if not right
- How to know if @ User / Club name you are trying to tag
- Like to do with clubs too!
- ROHAN – Seems straightforward
Understanding why I see in the feed
Feed – Useful to know why rooms being shown to me – Following club, people, or
Some people I follow not aligned ot my interests all the time, so to understand why I am seeing this?
- We have designs for this for when you hide room, we help you unfollow people etc.
- Not live yet.
- With club rooms, not simple as other platforms because not just someone you follow and I see, because it’s co-creations
- People you follow could be speaker, or in audience
- Could be topic you follow?
- Not managed to sort hallway wrap :Hallway to show which people you follow would do this but complicated
- Figuring out the UI design
Location discovery – Opion to filer by city / location might be useful for communities of interest and nurture collaborations?
- Topic directory – handful languages & countries based on early users
- For grouping – people may want on Neighbourhood, city, state, country. language.
- Got to be opt in as suggested
- Looking at how data will be used or not
Language filtering – be good to have languages spoken setting – to avoid rooms that were not relevant?
- We are looking to do this
- Tried to infer from settings available
- We need languages spoken for user, rooms AND clubs to work well
- Issues – room set up by someone and club – but could change over time?
- Working on including this
In room notification control
Ability to control in room notifications of when my appearance in clubs or rooms as may be sensitive topics
May STOP me joining conversations
- Want to enter room and not be called up on stage (HACK – ‘Just Listening’)
- Want to join stage without notifying, if so do they still see you are in there? Or si that to be hidden too?
- Speced out and design for it
- Going to implement – but not in next few weeks because discovery focus
- Could be PRIVATE / Closed room or club room where only members can join for more intimate conversations
- Scaling intimacy is what we are trying to do
Audio quality on stage
Any way to select audio quality before joining stage? There is gap when changing on stage?
- Not good experience to do every time
- Maybe elipsis when in audience
- Maybe it’s sticky / remembers your preference
- Could look at it becoming dynamic based on network quality so it’s smoother
Restarting or pausing a room
Any way to put room on pause and open later. Only want to invite people. who were there earlier?
- Restart with same group of people ?
- Who ca restart – who started it / any mod / any speaker?
- Notifications only tells people you follow who ALSO follow you
- Want people you don’t follow cannot ping you to prevent spam
- Can only start with subset you follow who follow you
- Thought about but more complicated
- Like. the call list on phone when you can recall
- Permissioning limits the utility of it.
Club member search
IS there easy way to search club members
- We need universal search for all of the app
- Was on list to include this discovery sprint but prioritised other stuff ahead of it
- Crazy we don’t have it
- Added higher impact features first
- Actively working on
Paid private rooms
Can you host private room with paid access currently?
- No in app way to do it – but will be in future
- Prioritised Payment first – more universal and flexible
- Work around – paid access to the club signed up elsewhere. Not too complicated
- Add in future
Access to RSVP list
Would it be possible to see who RSVPed in advance and ask them questions in advance
- Not yet but yes in future
- Part of reason for the RSVP
- Will power recommendations
- Showing who has RSVPed makes sense
- Love idea to get questions in from RSVP list ahead of event
creator first premieres
creator first shows – Heard about Winners, where and when can we see schedules?
- Premiere of program will start week 6th / 7th June
- Some started int heir clubs
- Blog post shared the profiles. and clubs to see their upcoming shows
- LIVE NOW
- Clubhouse.com/blog – included audio snippets of the show to preview!
Payment thank you messages
Thank you option. Any way to have more options of what message to send?
- Hopefully they would have custom messages to copy and paste from clipboard on phone?
- Direct them to your other platforms / website etc?
- Text replacement would. work well for this – I use it now
- Decent work around – why it’s not top of feature updates
- SHOOT US A CALL : email@example.com
Are we getting dark mode?
- After all other features
- CORE is most important
Pairing issues on android
Pairing bluetooth with android – seems to only use phone mic not bluetooth mic?
- Known bug
Raising room limits
Please increase 8k limit on rooms.
Always struggle to get in bigger rooms
- Next aim is 25k around summer ish
- Often overflow rooms for bigger rooms
- aim for infinate
Adding chat in room
COuld you add chat in room
- Audio transcriptions – will add soon
- Chat in room is different issues
- In audience noone can speak to each other atm
Could you give choice of screenshotting of rooms?
- Cannot control as system level
- Can show an alert it happened
- Can never fully prevent it – as others can use other devices
- Lots of people want rooms shared to promote them
- WARNINGS best action from our side
- PRIVATE ROOMS good way to maintain control of this
Applying International community guidelines
How do you apply community guidelines as across so many communities and cultures
- This work is never done as trust and safety
- There are bad actors in the world and you need durability
- Need to invest in Product features, Policies & Team to cover this, including language coverage for all users languages
- Training on regionally specific topics
- 3 trainings for team on how hate speech can manifest against different groups around the world
- Working on tools within community – mod controls, blocking, reporting etc.
- Always invest and prioritise this
- Make living systems that improve
- Team is adequately staffed – and with 3rd party specialists in topics and regions
- Build systems and tools that are language agnostic
REQUEST FOR SHOWS
- News & politics – Example : agree to disagree
- Good to see people from polar opposites to talk openly
- Connecting with readers of publications
- Community music rooms
- Enjoyed lots of people speaking mandarin singing together
- Hanging in lots of piano rooms
Final Thoughts...& Show recommendations
Justin hosting New York Time reporter around kidnapping in Belarus
POLITICS & MEDIA 101 CLUB
Clubhouse Are Still
✍️ Head of Creator Communications
✍️ Head of Partnership Communications
📈 Product Data Scientist
🎨 Brand Designer
💻 Software Engineer, Machine Learning
📱Software Engineer, Backend
📱Software Engineer, Full-Stack
📱Software Engineer, iOS
💵 Head of Finance
👋 General application
⚙️ Community & Growth Operations Manager
🎙️ Community and Content Coordinator
🎙️Head of Creators
📲 Social & Editorial Manager
🤝 Creator Partnerships
🤝 Head of Brand Partnerships
👋 Head of People Operations
👋 Technical Recruiter
📝 Privacy and Security Policy Lead
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’