WEDNESDAYS 6pm PT – New User Orientation
[ ROOM LIMIT STILL 8000 ]
This Week On Clubhouse @StephanieSimon
??NAME?? = Unsure of the correct name / spelling despite research
Drue Kataoka, Swan Sit & Kat Kole
Product Roadmap - @Paul
creator First programme
Pilot season starts tomorrow
Clubhouse HQ Club has all shows on Club Page
Shout to Amanda (Paul’s partner) – Paul met in high school, he’s been dealing with start up ideas for years!!
Happy mother’s day to Jen – Rohan’s Partner
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
Welcome Android users
A little over a year since they started out based on voice.
Always a measured approach to growth and taking feedback from community. Expanding through invites only, on one platform. As platform grew too quickly it broke lots of bits, moving focus to fixing, and expanding company and team to build better. Shown how universal voice is as a platform. The need to gather with other humans
Clubhouse for Android from today
- US First
- English speaking next
- then further role out
Can download and be notified when open in your area too
- Better prompts to follow club from room
- Better notifications
- Under hood improvements to suggestions and hallway feed
- Improved trust and safety tools
- Improved voiceover
- Double tap with 2 fingers and will announce who’s speaking
- RSVP to events now so you get notifications
- Special notification looks different and buzz when room starts
- Able to better recommend rooms and events to you based on your RSVP & lots of friends
- Improving the calendar view
- Fewer and better suggestions on events for you
- Added upcoming events someone is hosting to their profiles
- Improved tagging
- And ironed out some bugs
- Updated links in app to clubhouse.com not joinclubhouse.com
- Bugs Fixed
- Scrolling issues in calendar view
NEXT RELEASE – Next few days
- Improved Payments
- Thank yous
- @ mention on profile so you can link to others profiles on your bio
- User & topic suggestions in feed
- Notification improvements
- Better visuals for notifications
- @clubhouse – Twitter // Instagram
You can INVITE ANDROID USERS NOW
Back navigation option
Can you add home button to get back to start – saving back multiple click in discovery train?
- Good point
- Why a lot change to top 3 things in tab bar at bottom of app
- Hidden iOS feature – long press all the way back through history of pages in app
Club notifications – Could first word be club name not members names?
- Lots of work on notifications
- Not sure one way round works best for all usage cases
- Depends on the strength of connection of people in rooms as to how best to show
- Adria and team working hard on this every day
In hallway – card showing people in room. – nice to see who I follow, then understand why I am seeing this & in room see who I already follow?
- Top hallways – typically from people you follow speaking / audience
- Finding the right design is tricky as so many variables
- Speaker / audience
- Do you follow some or all
- Is it topic you follow
- Looking at different design over time to improve this
- Balancing info density and cognitive side too
In room showing people you follow
- People speakers follow
- Everyone else
- Reason for people to arrive quickly due to arrival order
- Everyone sees the same view
- Useful for highlighting people by location
- Could look to bold people -harder to can though?
- Room view is going to evolve as they grow – because won’t practically see everyone
Back to previous events
After event I want to see speakers bios to review. IS this possible
- Working. onhow to aloow you. tolook back at rooms you have been in. andfind people you listened to
Is it possible to get notifications more than once for a room? If so can we NOT let that happen?
- Someone you follow is speaking and you don’t join
- 4 friends join / famous person you are interested in
- Another notification sent out
Can say send me fewer notifications
Speaking time – Be cool if speakers on stage bigger. as they speak, idea on how long they had spoken than others on stage?
- Interested how that would work
- Would that make people want to talk more?
- Who should that be visible to?
- Best. for making mods aware – like the idea
- Focussed on android and discovery but good idea
- Imagine in future
Hot debates – be good to have real time voting – agree / disagree. Let mod decide if stage visible or open to all?
- Hack around atm by using hand raise queue
- Got to clear each time though
- Get people to change profile pics to red / green etc and count then PTR
- Room tools are important and requested a lot
Improved hand raise
Any improvements around the hand raises?
- A lot we can do
- Had Q about learning more about users without tapping profile
- Best social products help you. do better than in real world
- Interested in looking at how we can do this
Button placement – move to audience button – can. we put somewhere less easy to tap when viewing hold page views?
- Order differs based on
- Are you mod or not
- Do they follow you or not
- Internal chat about moving this to better placement
- Might add are you sure option
- Adds friction though
Moderator badges – Clarifications why people want multiple tiers.
Mod badge to someone you trust means that person could pass to someone I don’t know / trust
- ‘Don’t make them a mod – unless you really need them to be’
- Could add a tier but adds complexity
- We need. to work it out
creator first shows
How will we know rooms that are part of creator first programme? Can they be tagged?
- All hosted out of Clubhouse HQ – for Pilots
- Once in calendar will be listed on Clubhouse HQ Profile & tap bell to be notified reliably
- Tap event to get Bell option
How can I capture what happens in room? Any way we could record 15 – 30 secs to profiles for memories?
- Cool idea
- Audio over audio is tricky experience
- Got to figure out details
Data on audience size
Any way to see why rooms get less people one week and not another?
- A lot goes into room being big
- What else is happening
- We can help with some creator tools but things pop up last minute so more tricky.
- On us to solve
- Building team to work on creators and community
- Yes in future
Differentiating club shows
Any way to distinguish club event show from each other?
- Club is conversation series
- No way to have club within club
- Like idea to co-host with other clubs,
- Nothing yet
Any idea on closed caption feature built into app?
- Tried last week on user orientation
- Receiving side
- Paul speaks sending, we receive – easy to transcribe
- As lots can speak over each other and this didn’t work well
- Need to look at transcribing sender side – the right way – but ‘weeks not months’
Android in Asia
When will android be in Asia?
- Launch calendar for planned roll out
- Servers to handle load
- Asia couple of weeks away
- Can pre-register in Play STore to be notified when in area
Rooms not showing in hallway
What causes room to NOT be shown in the feed?
Is the r list of words that would impact showing in feed?
If someone with black ! (shared block) steps on stage mean not showing in feed?
- Not straight forward because co-creation
- Try to show most interesting for you based on who you follow
- Try to get smarter based. on who you don’t follow and show what you might be interested in
- So complex feature
- Top focus as company – show best rooms to you as 1000s on at any given time
- NOT shown if Trust & Safety issues flagged and investigating
- If YOU BLOCK / speaker BLOCKS you – you won’t see in hallway
- Don’t want to share WHY exactly or people will GAME this
What we excited to see more of in hallway
What we excited to see more of in hallway
- Welcome rooms for all new Android users
- Started one platform to grow deliberately and mindfully
- Want Clubhouse to be a welcoming space
- Breaking News
When something happens in the world
About the conversation about how people make sense of it together
- Food Shows
Not vertical that works so obvious on audio
Getting creative with PTR
Best ideas come from the community
Thanks for being here.
It’s literally nothing without the people
It’s a blank canvas filled with the faces of amazing people
Happy Mother’s Day LoveBomb
Raising Kids With Emotional EQ
Clubhouse Are Still
🎉 Business Operations
✍️ Head of Creator Communications
📈 Data Analyst
📈 Product Data Scientist
💻 Machine Learning Engineer
📱Software Engineer, Trust & Safety
💵 Head of Finance
👋 General application
📝 Privacy and Security Policy Lead
📅 Recruiting Coordinator
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’