WEDNESDAYS 6pm PT – New User Orientation
Link to submit Qs at the bottom
- Tap your profile > Settings > FAQ
Submit throughout the week & we will prioritise the most commonly asked questions.
This week the Clubhouse Town Hall was at FULL capacity with 5,000 people tuned in live and a number of relay rooms rebroadcasting the town hall so more people could listen in!
This Week On Clubhouse @StephanieSimon
- Happy Valentines Day Everyone
- Love was in the air with over 2700 rooms this week talking all about LOVE
- Dating games
- Dating apps
- Millionaire matchmaking – Saudi Style
- How to find your person
- How to lose your person
- Black love
- Lady love
- Queer love
- Love tarot card reading
- Love bombs
- Villans you love to hate
- Self love
- Love ‘erbs
- Love Jones
- Puppy love
- Happily ever after
- Happily even after
Drue Kataoka, Swan Sit & Kat Kole
- Kicking off the 24 Hours Of Love
- RAISING FUNDS FOR
- A love letter from Clubhouse to the world!!
- Live now with : Senator Tim Kaine
- 27 rooms over next 24 hours!
Whitney Wolfe Herd & Sarah Jones Simmer
- Dating App Bumble‘s CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd & COO Sarah Jones Simmer were on Thursday for the IPO
A reminder that love is profitable
And so is a company build by & for women
Tobias "Tobi" Lütke & Harley Finkelstein
- Tobias “Tobi” Lütke & Harley Finkelstein from Shopify jammed with Josh Constine
GEM DROPPED by Tobi about motivating a team;
Get people to fall in love with the same problem
Timberland & !llmind
- Timberland & !llmind hosted
- Conversation on the new digital landscape for producers and songwriters
In time you’ll prevail but you got to love what you do
Justin & Dan Kan
- Something Studios hosted first ‘Behind The Billions’
- With Justin & Dan Kan
- Some brotherly love was revealed when they argued about who streamed on Twitch first
- Clubhouse has been a companion for a lot of people during this pandemic, and every morning Brazil has been waking up ‘…in the right mood‘
- It’s like the morning edition of Axle’s lullaby club, who’s singing us to sleep every night
- Chairman of Jeff Weiner from LinkedIn
- Sharing about compassion and empathy as business leader
Compassion = empathy + action
Christine Lim played live tribute for Jannnah ?Rahuth rafuthes late mother who passed – finding love even in the face of grief
- Good Times
- Inside stories from Microsoft and love for The Clippers
- All from the comfort of his hot tub!!
Leroy Church // Dream Girls
- Steph got a sneak peak of Dream Girls rehearsals.
- Leroy Church is producing something very special
- Coming 27-28th Feb 2021
ELON // KAYNE
- Lots of questions around when Elon & Kayne will be on?
- Nothing scheduled yet!
- But the wheels are in motion, so watch this space for that one soon!
TALKING PRODUCT @Paul
Most people who create conversations are people who have build it from the ground up. Let Clubhouse know how they can support a new conversation / idea.
- Focussed on growth stability
- Added SHARE LINK in room
- Tap + Button bottom right
- Share to elsewhere
- Deeplinks fixed
- If they have – direct to room
- Not Got
- Can’t see it – UPGRADE YOUR APP
- Accessibility – Native iOS Screen reader now works with
- Speakers to search within a room – NO anyone in room,
- Tap 3 dots top right
- ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON TROLLING
- Easy to report someone who just left
- Speakers can see who recently left and report (elipsis)
- Mods – Buttons added to profile of people you don’t follow to report easier.
- Making Clubhouse Safer
- Bug Fixes
- Crash Reports
- Blocked – won’t see rooms you are speaking in
NEW APP ICON
- BYE TO ?BEMHANI? WELCOME TO AXLE MENSOR?
- From Mauritius
- Singing morning Lullabies
- Highlighting other singer songwriters – encouraging others to support through options to tip them!!
Update app icon with every MAIN RELEASE
Performance, scaling support, and all needed for international user base.
- Hiring people for backend
- Truust & Safety
- Discovery Engineeers
- Product Managers
- COmmunity Support
(BOTTOM FOR JOBS)
Want to hire from community
NEXT PLANNED RELEASE : Mid Next week
All the @joinClubhouse app icons in order pic.twitter.com/gygcXbPOtU— Bomani X 🕹 (@iambomanix) February 14, 2021
Club requests – Form has been reported as being down
- Rumours we stopped processing requests
- Sign up form changed locations
- Community Created Website pointed to wrong place
ONLY OFFICIAL RESOURCES
- @JOINCLUBHOUSE On Twitter
Seeing & Entering Rooms / Joining Stage
Way to see rooms with people I follow? Seem less relevant to me?
- Upcoming for you is populated from people in extended network
- Who you follow
- Follow of follows
- Intended by algorithm – of interest to you based on social graph
- Activity Feed shows when scheduled events by those you follow
- Option to add to your own calendar
- CALENDAR IS THE LONG TERM SOLUTION
- Upcoming for you is populated from people in extended network
- Feed is based on anyone who you follow
- Just a few from the 1000s that are live at any given time
- Sidebar / Buddy Bar (Swipe right to left)
- See rooms those you follow (who also follow you back) are in right now
When can we hide rooms I enter?
- DON’T want people to enter anonymously – as bad for speakers.
- DO want to make changes for entering a room / speak on stage quietly
Looking to add this dynamic;
- If person has big following and invited to stage no way to politely say no
- Room dynamic could change when joining stage, as would notify and add lots of people when you join stage
Got to work out how it would work on the UI – but got to focus on the biggest most important features in order we can allocate time to.
Requests for search
Please can we have a room topic search? ie Superbowl – had to add topic ‘football’ to see & didn’t seem to shaw up right away.
- We want to have room search – Makes sense
- Want to have event search
- Is server work and this week is currently focussed on security and infrastructure.
- Topics not currently linked to the room, can infer this later, or allow topics to be added in the future on creation.
Can we get ability to break out to sub rooms & regroup to main room, to carry on conversation.
- Love this idea
- Feels a bit more corporate usage case
- We are focussed on the end users application so more
‘How do you make the post party breakout rooms?’
I’m currently on infrequent but still get alot
When on less frequent, seem to get none?
How can we make this better for us or improve this?
- Want to give you tools to dial and adjust notification frequency
- CURRENT OPTIONS : Very infrequent – Very frequent – 5 levels to choose
- Most people don’t adjust much, but want to retain sense of control for users
- Look into weighting – see if common experience & work on it
Hiring this week discovery team to focus on ;
- Follow Suggestions
- Room ranking
- Club suggestions
- Notification Algorithms
Looking for a great team that are very skilled at user experience and machine learning!
Can we fold in translate support to assist meeting and room titles in other languages
- Want to do more language support as growing in so many countries.
- How can we help people control languages shown in their feed
- How to help people see languages they speak especially when multi-lingual
- Other platforms are different, as the translator string is for content, but for Clubhouse, would show room title – but not give context that it’s another language if you joined the room itself?
Can we get verification via email if logged out?
- Will eventually but matter of simplicity
- Not often requested
- Harder to get SMS in no-US countries so we added get a call
Really need an android App
- First android developer starts this week
- Still hiring – Please join!
Are you looking at ways to encourage o r reward good behaviour in the app?
- Invite system is programmatically shared with those positivity contributing & hosting rooms & joining conversations.
- More you contribute – the more followers you get & grow audience
- You will get more invites
- Appear in more rooms
- You will build social currency
- How mod badges work
- In room feedback systems
- Probably show more on profiles in future
What we want to celebrate as community
- How can we bake in donation buttons with approved non-profits.
- Maybe promoted in the feed when community focussed
Can badges be creates with less powers, to pin to top of room without giving privileges??
- Bad idea to give everyone Mod Badges
Just gives more power to the other people
- Mod Badges – Doesn’t send more notifications
- Loves the idea to move / pin to top
Could you create security moderator badge?
Focussed on keeping room safe…
- Fascinating – interested to hear how people are using the app so we can improve it.
- Need more info to do this.
BOUNCER BADGE SOUNDS COOL – @Anu
Should person who creates room have supermod permissions with more powers?
- NO REAL NEED – Don’t MOD Everyone!
Genuine Celebrity Accounts
How to know high profile account is genuine account?
- Auth system from other platforms
- 100% important
- Real person service
Have you considered more options on privacy – Blocking seems linear! Some professions have sensitive clients etc.
- Block is a soft block
They don’t know you blocked them
- Doesn’t stop you being in same room as someone in the audience
( Very tricky as it’s a group product )
- Interested to hear more as there would be trade offs.
Plans to label offensive or insensitive events / rooms?
- 100% YES!
I’d like to be bale to report events directly from the calendar
- We already have a design for it
Strategies to protect users from a fantastic auratours with powerful but dangerous ideologies, that could gain a big audience on clubhouse & affect people negatively?
- Think about this A LOT
POLICIES ARE LIVING DOCUMENTS ALWAYS EVOLVING
- No abuse / bullying
- No hate speech
- No spreading of misinformation
Sure that any unwanted behaviour would come under the banned community guidelines and terms of service.
When we notice something happen we add to ToS and update the rules to react to those new things. Also interested in developing detection of this more.
Can you speak around idea of brand accounts and if we can report this? And would it be anonymous?
- Real Identity service – people centric
- Should be real name as person & phone number
- Genuine human connection
- Speak with your voice & feel you know who you are speaking to
- Excited for what brands are doing and how they are using the platform
- Brands should create clubs, host rooms & conversations
- Talk to Clubhouse to see about hosting conversations for other people
- Happy to talk programming
- YES YOU CAN REPORT
- REPORTS ARE ANONYMOUS
GET IN TOUCH :
Bring communities onboard + features
Now the app is growing faster – want to bring community over. Seen big events, are you looking to develop more support for groups, communities. memberships, privacy and monetisation options?
- We want to support from small group of beta testers to global interconnected community
- Excited about all the countries & industries joining
- Next release on this will have features to bring community on all together.
- Core part of what we want to build
- Want to support that anyway we can
- Want to look at application process for clubs & control membership options
REACH OUT :
CLUBHOUSE IS MEANT TO BE A BIG BLANK CANVAS
Clubhouse is nothing without the people
Everything with the people here
We take it very seriously and were very grateful
Clubhouse Are Still
🔮 Community Success
📱 Android Engineer
📱 Backend Engineer
📱 iOS Engineer
‘ I selfishly want to help everyone ‘ 🤓
Tristan Griffiths AKA @ImTristanG
Business Mentor & Public Speaker on Productivity & Marketing
✝️ Christian Entrepreneur
🔥 Sales // Social Media Marketing // Content Creation
📚 Bestselling Amazon Sales Author
💳 Social Selling Trainer
💻 BA Digital Media Production
🤓 Entrepreneur from aged 12
👨🍳 Ex-Chef & Hospitality Professional = #CX #CustomerExperience FOCUS
‘I help people become more productive;
And find time to do the things they think they don’t have time for!’
🏆 Previous Accomplishments
⭐️ 3m Digital Visitors in 9 months from scratch with Zero Budget
⭐️ Client $11,000 Sales in 10 Days on Snapchat ($67,000 in 8 weeks)
⭐️ Launched Australia’s First Snapchat Geo-Filter Campaign
⭐️ £30,000 SAVED for Media Agency in under 3 weeks
⭐️ Social Media Consultant to BBC
⭐️ 100% Team Retention Over 2 Years [ Aged 18 – 24 ]
⭐️ Video Interviews For Sony BMG, London
⭐️ Partnered with Microsoft, Merlin Entertainments & Proof Drinks
⭐️ Increased event profits by 300% & attendance by 500% in 3 weeks!
⏱ In 30 mins create Subtitled Videos, Blogs, Social Media Updates, Audio Experiences & Much More!! Ask about #IN9CCM
‘The world is better when we work together;
So how can I help you today?’
📅 20 Mins FREE strategy call
📈 FREE SOCIAL MEDIA HELP COMMUNITY
🎙 Available for PODCASTS 🎧